Backup of Enterprise Vault indexes fails with "0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource." when backing up index location
|Article:TECH202013|||||Created: 2013-01-24|||||Updated: 2013-01-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202013|
Backup of Enterprise Vault (EV) indexes fails with "Unable to attach to resource". All other resources backup fine.
0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Backup Exec 2010
Backup Exec 2012
EV's index alias name/Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) which was created while installing EV is not accessible remotely.
- Review evbackup.xml located in the following default directory on the Enterprise Vault server:
- 32bit C:\Program Files\Symantec\Enterprise Vault\Reports
- 64bit C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Enterprise Vault\Reports
- Check EVs indexes folder location, for the proper NTFS and share permissions
- Right click the folder and select Properties
- Click the security tab
- Ensure the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) is added and has Full Control privileges. Add if missing.
- Attempt to browse the EV index alias:
- On a remote server: Start - Run - input \\IndexAlias.domain.com\ to attempt to browse
- If unsuccessful, you will need to correct this in DNS
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202013