Barcode User is unable to see custom Synchronization Profiles
|Article:TECH202414|||||Created: 2013-02-04|||||Updated: 2013-03-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202414|
When logged in as a user that is in the Barcode User security role, when going to Barcode and into Synchronization Profiles, only the Default one appears. Others that were created by other users (specifically, Administrators), do not appear.
Barcode Solution 7.1 SP2
Defect, Etrack 3074014.
This is a product defect and will be resolved in a future version of Barcode Solution.
A workaround exists. Add Read permissions to the Barcode User security role to enable users in it to see custom Synchronization Profiles.
- In a Symantec Management Platform Console, while logged in as a Symantec Administrator, click on the Home button > Service and Asset Management > Barcode.
- Right click on the Synchronization Profiles folder > Security.
- In the Roles field, change the role to Barcode User.
- In the items list, ensure that the Synchronization Profiles folder is highlighted.
- In the System Permissions section, click to enable (checkmark) the Read permission.
- Click on the "Save changes" button.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202414