KNOWN ISSUE: scripted OS install task created on ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 and executed does not display expected Number of re-tries in 'AltirisAgentInstSvc' logs on client.
|Article:TECH202765|||||Created: 2013-02-13|||||Updated: 2013-02-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202765|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Scripted OS install (SOI) task created on MP1 and execute this Scripted OS install (SOI) task after V3 rollup installed does not display expected Number of re-tries in ‘AltirisAgentInstSvc’ logs on client.
Prequisites On clients machines:-
1. Perform Symantec management agent upgrade (ITMS 7.1 SP2 -> MP1 -> V3) on client computers.
2. Verify agent upgraded to V3 rollup version .
3. Perform DS Plugin & PEInstall upgrade (ITMS 7.1 SP2 -> MP1 -> V3) on client computers.
4. Verify DS Plugin & PEInstall upgraded to V3 rollup version .
Below are steps to reproduce:-
1. On MP1 setup, Go to console, All Settings -> Deployment & Migration -> OS Files -> Click Add Files, Provide Name (e.g. Vista), in Platform select respective Client OS to be installed (e.g. I selected ‘Windows Vista Ultimate (x86)’), then click Add files & upload OS installable package (I selected Vista Ultimate (x86)).
2. On MP1 setup, Go to Console, Manage -> Jobs & task -> Right-click -> New Client Job & click New button to add task.
3. Go to Deployment & Migration & create task:- "Reboot to":- Automation & Verify task gets created successfully.
4. Then create task "Erase disk":- with default options :- Remove partitions & Verify task gets created successfully.
5. Then create task "Partition Disk", Click Add & provide necessary inputs & Verify task gets created successfully.
6. Then create task "Install Windows OS" which is SOI ('scripted OS install task') task & provide necessary inputs for OS installation e.g. Win 7 or Vista & Verify task gets created successfully.
7. Click Save changes to Client Job.
8. Now Install rollup V3 & execute this Client job.
9. Verify that after successful SOI ('scripted OS install task') task executed & as soon as client boots in Production, disable network on NS server machine or clients. Verify SOI task now re-tries to download file to install Agent after client booted to production, verify re-tries in ‘AltirisAgentInstSvc’ logs on client side, Verify expected result of retries of [1 Initial+ 4 retries].
Observing the behavior is [1 initial + 2 retires ] number of re-tries in ‘AltirisAgentInstSvc’ logs on client side [c:\ AltirisAgentInstSvc] instead of number of retries of[1 Initial+ 4 retries].
Number of retries of [1Initial+ 4 retries] should be displayed in ‘AltirisAgentInstSvc’ logs on client side.
Symantec Management Platform 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup v3
Known Issue. Regression introduced by ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup v3. See HOWTO81832
This issue has been identified by our Symantec Development team. A fix will provided in a later release (tentatively in ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup v5).
The current workaround is to recreate the Scripted OS Install (SOI) package to get the newest agent install component.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202765