Changing a Backup Exec server to a managed Backup Exec server in Backup Exec 2012.
|Article:TECH204350|||||Created: 2013-03-26|||||Updated: 2013-03-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204350|
Changing a stand-alone Backup Exec server to a managed Backup Exec server in Backup Exec 2012.
To change a Backup Exec server to a managed Backup Exec server, the central administration server is configured that will manage the Backup Exec server.
If the managed Backup Exec server does not appear on the Storage tab after followed these instructions, and if network contains firewalls, it is needed
to open some ports between the central administration server and the managed Backup Exec server.
To change a Backup Exec server to a managed Backup Exec server
1. Verify that the central administration server is running.
2. Start Backup Exec at the stand-alone Backup Exec server.
3. Click the Backup Exec button, select Installation and Licensing.
4. Select Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec server.
5. On Configure Options screen, check the Managed Backup Exec Sever and click Next.
6. On Centoral Admin Server screen, enter the name of the central administration server then choose the Managed Backup Exec Server Configuration option.
7. Continue and complete the installation.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204350