KNOWN ISSUE: blank packages are being sent to the package servers
|Article:TECH204829|||||Created: 2013-04-08|||||Updated: 2013-04-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204829|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Customer reported that blank packages are being sent to the package servers.
Steps to duplicate:
1. Add a new package to an existing Software Release (or a new one).
2. In the UI, fill in the path, but did NOT click OK/save.
3. check the RM_ResourceSoftware_Package table and verify package with no name had been created.
4. recycle the App Pool to simulate a page timeout—where a page’s request is dropped if left open for a long time w/o saving or keeping it alive by console activity.
5. After recycling the page attempt to save the package properties previously entered in but didn’t save. The page threw the generic internal server error indicating it could not complete the request.
6. The same package was still in RM_ResourceSoftware_Package.
7. Shortly thereafter these packages make their way into the SWDPackage table and ultimately into the consciousness of the package servers who keep trying to download them.
Symantec Management Platform 7.1 SP2, 7.1 SP2 MP1
Known issue. Caused by orphan packages.
This issue has been reported to Symantec Development team. A fix has been included in the ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup v4 release. See HOWTO81832
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204829