(Norton Ghost 15 Uninstall.bat) How to uninstall Norton Ghost 15 when the un-installation program fails.
|Article:TECH204831|||||Created: 2013-04-08|||||Updated: 2013-10-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204831|
Always use "Add or Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" via the control panel to uninstall Norton Ghost 15. The attached UninstallNG15.zip file can be used only if this process fails or other issues occurr during uninstall process.
Download and unzip the attached UninstallNG15.zip file.
(Note: If you have Symantec System Recovery installed, it will be necessary to repair that installation after following these steps. To repair SSR, insert the product disk and launch the setup. Choose to repair the current installation.)
To completely uninstall Norton Ghost 15:
- Extract UninstallNG15.zip to the C:\ drive. Two files will extract into the UninstallNG15 folder: UninstallNG15.bat and LUReg.exe. Both files must remain in the same folder.
- Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
- Right-click Command prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- If the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box appears, click continue.
- Type the following:
C:\UninstallNG15\UninstallNG15.bat -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Ghost"
*Important Note: If you modified the installation path of Norton Ghost, modify the install path in the command line accordingly.
**The folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Ghost must be present. If not, manually create this folder for the un-installation to proceed.
- Reboot the system.
- Norton Ghost 15 is now uninstalled.
Updated uninstall.bat and fixinstall.bat files for Norton Ghost 15
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204831