The NetBackup 7.5.0.x master server appears to "freeze;" administration console hangs as some commands hang indefinitely.
|Article:TECH204938|||||Created: 2013-04-10|||||Updated: 2013-07-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204938|
The master server appears to "freeze."
The condition described in this document can be seen when ALL of the following conditions have been met:
- NetBackup Java/non-Java administration console hangs when selecting Storage Units, Lifecycle Policies, etc.
- Command line execution of nbemmcmd and bpstulist commands (for example) hang indefinitely without reporting output
- Restarting the NetBackup Enterprise Media Manager (nbemm) service does not help.
- Sybase SQLAnywhere has NOT run out of cache per server.log
This issue affects NetBackup 7.5 through 184.108.40.206 master servers.
The root cause is multifaceted:
- NetBackup nbdb database/query issue
- NetBackup environment and/or configuration resulting in heavy load
- Possibly underpowered/underprovisioned master server hardware
The formal resolution for this issue (ETrack 3124700) is included in the following release:
- NetBackup 7.5 Maintenance Release 6 (220.127.116.11)
NetBackup 18.104.22.168 is now available - please access the Related Article below for more information.
Please contact Symantec technical support, referencing this document and Etrack 3206707 to obtain an Emergency Engineering Binary (EEB) bundle containing a fix for this issue for NetBackup 22.214.171.124.
Port transaction splitting change to 7.5.0.X
Requesting assistance removing incremental TIR data from customers environment. This is a binary bundle. This resolves the following problems:
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204938