Late Breaking News (LBN) for Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (SDRO)
|Article:TECH209084|||||Created: 2013-07-29|||||Updated: 2014-11-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209084|
Late Breaking News (LBN) for Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (SDRO) (Updated November 14th, 2014)
Microsoft Azure SDRO 6.1
Amazon Web Services SDRO 6.1.1
On June 2, 2014 Symantec released Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 6.1 for Windows. This release provides support for Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 and WIndows Server 2012. Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator offers disaster recovery as a service for customers using Microsoft Azure.
On November 10, 2014 Symantec released Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 6.1.1 for Windows. This release provides support for Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, WIndows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator offers disaster recovery as a service for customers using Amazon Web Services.
Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator enables businesses to automate and manage disaster recovery of Microsoft Windows based applications residing on either physical or virtual machines to the Microsoft Azure cloud. Using Disaster Recovery Orchestrator to target the cloud for disaster recovery can significantly reduce costs while achieving stringent Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs).
This release provides the following capabilities and benefits:
• Application agents to monitor application health and application recovery failover shutdown, startup and dependencies.
• Near continuous replication of application data. Use of a consolidated replication target in Microsoft Azure reduces resource costs.
• Recovery automation of takeover, failback and testing. Automatic handling of complex tasks improves reliability of recovery.
• Basic reporting of disaster recovery events and actions.
• Centralized management console based in Microsoft Azure to manage all disaster recovery operations
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209084