Backup Exec selection window shows individual items for both backup and restore for file\folders, Mailbox GRT items, Active Directory GRT items only to a certain point when the directory structures are very deep (more than 10,000 items).
|Article:TECH214886|||||Created: 2014-02-10|||||Updated: 2014-11-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH216189|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Backup Exec restore selection window shows individual items like file\folders, Mailbox GRT items, Active Directory GRT items only to a certain point when the directory structures are very deep (more than 10,000 items).
During a Browse or seletion of a folder for backup with a large number of files the Backup Exec console only display ~10,000 files to "individually select".
In Backup Exec 2012 o, you may get "query failed" error while trying to expand folders with many items in it.
For File/Folder or Mailbox GRT restore:
- Use the search option to restore files that are not listed in the browse tree view.
- Use the Include/Exclude screen to specify a path and/or file name that is not listed in the browse tree view
- Redirect restore the folder structure to a temporary location and then recover the specific files you need from the redirection location.
- For mailbox GRT, redirect restore it to PST.
For AD GRT restore:
- Restore the entire container under which the object to be restored exists.
- Follow the steps listed below to get required individual objects recovered and imported to Active Directory.
1. perform a DR restore of the Domain controller to a fenced, test server.
2. use LDIFDE export/import utility to extract the required objects to a .ldf file
3. use LDIFDE export/import utility to import the required objects to be restored from the .ldf file to the actual production domain controller.
For File/Folder Backup or Selecton
- Select the Folder at the top level for Backup. All files will be backed up under the folder.
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) listed under the Product(s) Section of this article. Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.
This issue is currently under investigation by Symantec Corporation. Pending the outcome of the investigation, this issue may be resolved by way of a patch or hotfix in current or future revisions of the software. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Symantec Sales representative or the Symantec Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Symantec Sales, please see http://www.symantec.com Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.
CORE: Backup Exec UI shows individual items like file\folders, Mailbox GRT items, Active Directory GRT items only to a certain point when the directory structures are very deep > than 10K items.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH216189