How to run a repair installation for Backup Exec for Windows Servers 11d and later
|Article:TECH23481|||||Created: 2010-01-26|||||Updated: 2012-09-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23481|
How to run a repair installation for Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10d and later.
If the Backup Exec(tm) files or registry keys are missing or corrupted, they can be repaired by running the Backup Exec installation program and selecting the Repair option. The Repair option re-runs the installation program stopping all the Backup Exec services, reinstalls the corrupted files and registry keys, reinstalls the tape devices (stand-alone drives and libraries) and finally restarts the Backup Exec services. The database will not be reinstalled during this process.
Note: Any changes made to Backup Exec program files and registry keys will be reset to the original settings.
To repair Backup Exec:
1. Close the Backup Exec application
2. From the Windows Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features for Windows 2008/Vista/7)
3. In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, select Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers
5. The Backup Exec installation wizard will launch. Click Next to continue
6. Select the Local Install and Repair options and then click Next
7. Click Install to continue (Note: The repair wizard may prompt for the Backup Exec installation media)
8. Once the wizard completes, click Finish
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23481