"Logon Account <account name> failed to access \\SRVR\Microsoft Exchange Mailbox. Access is Denied" while selecting Exchange mailboxes.
|Article:TECH24640|||||Created: 2009-01-18|||||Updated: 2009-01-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24640|
The error "Logon Account <Account name> failed to access \\SRVR\Microsoft Exchange Mailbox. Access is Denied" (Figure 1) may be received while selecting Exchange Mailboxes if the Logon Account information is missing or invalid.
To resolve this issue, a new logon account that matches the Backup Exec Service Account mailbox name should be provided.
1. Go to the "Network" menu, and select Logon Accounts
2. Click New (Figure 2)
3. Type the name of the mailbox that belongs to the Backup Exec Service Account as the user name and leave the password field blank
4. Select the This is a restricted logon account option and then Click 'OK'.
5. Then Click Backup, and then right-click the Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes icon in the selections.
6. Select Connect As and select the new account.
Note: The account selected should have Administrator Rights on the Exchange mailboxes.
Refer to the Related Documents section of this article for more information on the above listed procedures or additional troubleshooting documents.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24640