Issues copying large files to USB drive
|Article:TECH24931|||||Created: 2006-12-13|||||Updated: 2006-12-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24931|
Any of the following errors or conditions could be experienced:
1. An I/O error is generated when copying large files or large numbers of files to a USB drive.
2. Large file copies are not reported to the NS server.
3. CPU utilization spikes occur after copying large number of files to USB drive.
Endpoint Security 6.0 release 1
Copying large files to a preferred USB device will cause this I/O error and cpu utilization to spike and the file reporting to fail.
Hotfix #1 includes a new build of 'setup.exe' that contains a fix for this I/O error. It is not necessary to install this build if you do not encounter the previously noted I/O or CPU errors.
Please see the 'Related Links' link in the right-hand pane of this screen. A popup window will appear with a link to an ftp site where the updated file can be downloaded.
To install this hotfix:
1. In Windows Explorer on the NS server, browse to: C:\Program Files\Altiris\AgentManager\Agent
2. Move the setup.exe file in the above directory to another location outside of the 'Program Files' directory in case it needs to be restored.
3. Download the setup.exe file from the Altiris ftp site. See the 'Related Links' link in the right-hand pane of this screen. A popup window will appear with a link to an ftp site wehre the updated file can be downloaded.
4. Copy this file to the C:\Program Files\Altiris\AgentManager\Agent directory.
5. Allow clients to update configuration and download the new file.
This fix will be included in Service Pack 1 of ESS, which is tentatively scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2007..
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24931