Error importing item: Item Import exception
|Article:TECH25341|||||Created: 2006-11-22|||||Updated: 2009-09-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH25341|
When trying to import a report that already exists in the Notification Server, the following error appeared:
Error importing item: Item Import exception : 20ec6312-c83a-4032-ad74-9321a667c8383 = Altiris.NS.StandardItems.Query.Report(67033a4e-a848-4a0b-b037-ab02854a315a) --> Item Import exception : 20ec6312-c83a-4032-ad74-9321a667c8383 = Altiris.NS.StandardItems.Query.Report(67033a4e-a848-4a0b-b037-ab02854a315a) --> An unexpected exception has occurred in OnFromXml callback for Item "Altiris.NS.StandardItems.Query.Report". --> Unable to create an instance of the specified type --> File or assembly name Altiris.NS.StandardItems, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
Notification Server 6.0.6074 SP3
This is caused when a difference between Rollups exist. This happens when the source Notification Server is at Rollup X and the target Notification Server is at Rollup Y. Example: R11 exports report and tries to import into R8.
The first recommended path would be to upgrade your target Notification Server Rollup, to match the version you have installed from the source Notification Server.
If that is not possible then you can do the following:
1) Export your report from the source Notification Server.
2) Edit the export file in Notepad or your favorite editor.
3) You are going to need to change two lines in this xml.
4) You will notice in the screenshot above the version= numbers. 6.0.6074 means Notification Server 6.0 SP3. However, the .80 is equal to the target Notification Server's rollup. In the example above that is R8.
5) Change the Version= number to something like 6.0.6074.0. This should then allow you to import your report into a lower level Notification Server.Please remember that you should really upgrade your target level Notification Server to the same level your source Notification Server is at. The above method should only be used as a workaround.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH25341