KNOWN ISSUE: Protected user is unable to print PDF files
|Article:TECH25639|||||Created: 2006-12-18|||||Updated: 2007-02-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH25639|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
A protected user is unable to print a PDF from a network printer getting message:
Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.
Protect doesn't recognize properly accounts that were created or logged on before Protect was installed on the client computer.
- Create a new default user per example "User1" and log on once as that user with unprotected mode.
- Copy ntuser.dat file from this new user's directory (User1) to the default user directory and overwrite the existing ntuser.dat file.
- The new users that log on to the computer should be able to print properly because they will be using the default ntuser.dat file.
- Users that were created on the computer before protect was install will not take the above workaround.
- To fix the existing users on the computer or computers you will have to copy the ntuser.dat from the "User1" profile and copy it to each of the users directories located at C:\Documents and Settings.
- Test that you are able to print from the PDF file and if you still have problems please contact Altiris Support Services.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH25639