Deploying a PC Transplant Solution personality package through a Deployment Solution job is not creating the user profile or large package restoration slow.
|Article:TECH25667|||||Created: 2006-12-19|||||Updated: 2007-02-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH25667|
Deploying a PC Transplant Solution Distribute Personality Package through a Deployment Solution job is not creating the user profile.
PC Transplant Solution 6.1, 6.5, 6.8
Deployment Solution 6.1, 6.5, 6.8
The issue could be an issue with rights and permissions. Make sure that the account that you are using to run the PC Transplant Solution job has sufficient rights on the destination computer.
We recommend that you use a Domain User Account with Local Administrative rights as the minimum rights level.
(For more information about PC Transplant Solution rights, go to the PC Transplant Solution Product Guide and read Chapter 2.)
If rights\permissions is not the issue, try the following workaround.
- Create a Deployment Solution job that that will have two tasks.
- The first task will be a Copy File task. This will copy the PC Transplant Solution Personality Package to a folder that you define on the client computer.
- The second task will have two scripts: the first script will run the package with -Q or -QM switch and the second task will delete the file from the client computer.
- Make sure that the job will run with either a Local or a Domain Administrator Account.
- Attached is a .bin sample file that can be imported on a Deployment Solution Server.
- If the problem persists, contact Altiris Support Services.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH25667