WiseScript: Per user shortcuts are installed to each users profile on Windows Vista machines
|Article:TECH26049|||||Created: 2007-01-19|||||Updated: 2008-05-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26049|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
I am installing a per user shortcut on a Windows Vista machine. However, the shortcut appears for all users.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a WiseScript .EXE that installs a per user shortcut to the desktop
2. Create a new Vista user account (User2)
3. Log on as User2. Log off User2 and log back in as User1
4. Run the .EXE created in step 1 as User1. The shortcut is created. On the General tab, the Location is c:\users\User1\desktop as expected
5. Log on as User2. The shortcut was also created for this user. The General tab shows its location as c:\users\User2\desktop
Wise Installation Studio 7
Wise Package Studio 7
This issue has been fixed in Wise Installation Studio/Express 7 SP1 and Wise Package Studio 7 SP3.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26049