Error 1303, "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory"
|Article:TECH26158|||||Created: 2007-01-30|||||Updated: 2007-08-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26158|
When attempting to install the installation, I am getting the following error message:
Error 1303. The installation has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Config.Msi
I am logged on as the local Administrator on the Windows* XP computer. What may be causing this error?
This error, is caused if either of the following is true for the folder in which you are installing to:
- The SYSTEM group does not have Full Control privileges.
- The Everyone group does not have Full Control privileges.
To prevent this error from occurring, make sure the folder location into which you are installing has Full Control permissions for either the Everyone group or the SYSTEM group. Check the permissions for the parent folders because the permissions on these folders may also cause this problem.If the information above does not resolve this issue, Microsoft KB924876 has additional information which may be needed to resolve the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924876/en-us. Applies to:
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 64-Bit Datacenter Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26158