Fatal error occurs when running Web applications on Windows 2003 with the Web dialogs enabled
|Article:TECH26339|||||Created: 2007-02-13|||||Updated: 2009-11-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26339|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The following steps will create an .msi that reproduces this behavior:
- Add a file to the Files page.
- On the Web Files page, add a new virtual directory pointing to the directory created in step 1.
- Select the virtual directory and click Details.
- On the Web Site UI tab mark "Display Run-Time UI".
Run this .msi on a 2003 server with IIS installed. Select any Web site that is available. Leave the defaults for other dialogs. The installation ends with a fatal error.
Wise Installation Studio 7.0
Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2
This issue has been fixed for Wise Installation Studio\Express 7 SP1 and Wise Package Studio 7 SP3.
A hotfix was created for this issue. This hotfix can only be installed to a computer that has Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2 or Wise Installation Studio 7.0.
- Download the hotfix from here
- Unzip and run KB_32745_Hotfix.EXE on the computer with Wise Installation Studio 7.0 or Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2 server.
If you use the Tools > MSI to .WSI Conversion tool to create a .wsi from an existing .MSI, you will need to rebrowse to the new wiseweb.dll.
- Go to the Resouces link in Windows Installer Editor's Installation Expert and locate Callwiseweb.
- Double-click on the Callwiseweb resouce and re-browse for the file in the File Name field (C:\Program Files\Altiris\Wise Installation Studio\Windows Installer Editor\Stub directory).
Note for Wise Package Studio users:
This hotfix also needs to be executed on any Wise Package Studio clients that were installed as Local clients. If the clients were installed as Network clients, nothing needs to be done to the client as it runs the executables from the server location.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26339