KNOWN ISSUE: SQL Error while executing Monitor Policy Activity Summary drill down
|Article:TECH26355|||||Created: 2007-02-14|||||Updated: 2010-08-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26355|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The Monitor Policy Activity Summary report will return a SQL error message when you double click a row in the report.
Log File Name: C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\Logs\a.log
Description: Sql error in query. Error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Syntax error converting the varchar value 'True' to a column of data type bit.Sql CommandText:
-- MAX ROWCOUNT
SET ROWCOUNT 50000
Application Metering Solution 6.1.x
Application Metering Report Pack 6.1.1080
The SQL query does not work on SQL Server 2000
To work around this issue please follow the steps below:
- Browse to Reports > Software Management > Application Metering > Agent Status > Monitor Policy Activity Summary
- Right click this report and select 'Clone'
- You can type in a name for the cloned report if you choose to, otherwise click 'Ok'.
- Click 'Edit this report'
- Click the pencil icon next to the Level 1 query
- Scroll to the bottom of the Query Builder window
- Change the following line:
AND ia.Enabled = %_Enabled%
AND ia.Enabled = CASE %_Enabled% WHEN 'True' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
- Click 'Finish'
- You will return to the report page, next click 'Apply'
The Monitor Policy Activity Summary report will now return results when the report contains computers in the 'Count of Computers with Activity' column.
This issue is scheduled to be fixed in a future release of Application Metering.
Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26355