KNOWN ISSUE: Axengine appears to stop processing jobs
|Article:TECH26537|||||Created: 2007-02-28|||||Updated: 2007-09-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26537|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
In Deployment Solution 6.8 Build 206 we have seen issues where the Axengine continues to run but does not process jobs.
To determine if you are a customer who is seeing this issue do the following:
- Turn on Axengine logging. Set the level to 5 and set the size of the log to at least 20 MB. Reset the engine.
- Let all the clients connect in.
- Open up the axengine log and look for any of the three lines below:
- “Already processed SmartUpdate for this computer, ignoring this message.”
- “Already processed UpdateComputer for this computer, ignoring this message.”
- “Already replied to GetDomainUser, ignoring.”
Deployment Solution 6.8 build 206
AClient was sending the Axengine unnecessary information causing the engine to spend processing cycles verifying the data.
If these messages are in the Axengine log update to build 282 of the AClient attached to this article. The updated AClient is also in Deployment Solution 6.8 SP1 due out March 1, 2007. (Please use the approriate version: x86 or x64.) There are two ways to install the AClient:
- Use the AClient update job located under Samples > Misc Jobs > Update AClient. Change the location of the source file to where you save AClient.
- Save the AClient to the .\deployment server\agents\aclient directory and turn on Autoupgrade.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH26537