Unable to install Web applications on Windows Vista
|Article:TECH27625|||||Created: 2007-03-20|||||Updated: 2007-11-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH27625|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Running an .msi that creates a web site or virtual directory results in a Fatal Error on Windows Vista*.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new .wsi.
- Add a file on the Files page.
- Create a new virtual directory on the Web Files page.
- Compile and run the .msi on a Windows Vista computer.
Wise Installation Studio 7.0
Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP1 and greater
The IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility is not enabled.
This issue has been fixed in Wise Installation Studio/Express 7 SP1. The fix for this issue will also be included with the next release of Wise Package Studio.
The APIs used for our implementation of creating Web sites and virtual directories require the IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility enabled when installing on Windows Vista.
- In Windows Vista, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features dialog, drill-down to Internet Information Services > Web Management Tools > IIS 6 Management Compatibility. Enable the IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility option.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH27625