Clients display an alert after a successful BIOS setting change
|Article:TECH29137|||||Created: 2007-04-24|||||Updated: 2007-05-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29137|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
After using a HPCM BIOS Administration task to make BIOS changes to clients, an alert message will indicate the change was unsuccessful. The alert below will appear near the system tray.
Hardware Health Alert: HP Client Manager has detected that an unsuccessful attempt to change your bios settings has happened on your computer.
However, the BIOS change was successful.
HP Client Manager 6.2
HP Client computer with a BIOS password
This was an known issue with HP System Software Manager (SSM) 2.0 D10.
A newer version of HP System Software Manager (SSM) has been released by HP, version 2.0 E6. Follow these steps to update this tool.
- From the HP Client Manger Console, on the left side select 'General Administration'.
- On the next page, click 'HP Tools Update Wizard'. (The version of HP System Software Manager appears on this page)
- Click 'Run HP Tool Update Wizard'.
- Select both HP Tools, HP Instant Support System Health Scan and HP System Software Manager (SSM) to be downloaded and updated.
- Click 'Next'.
- Click 'Update'.
- The wizard will download and update a number of files.
- Click 'Done' to finish the HP Tool Update Wizard.
The next time the clients check in with the Notification Server, they should be updated with a newer version of SSM.exe in the ..\Altiris Agent\HPCM Agent\SSM folder.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29137