Hotfix 13: Additional Threshold levels for snapshot
|Article:TECH29570|||||Created: 2007-05-06|||||Updated: 2007-05-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29570|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Additional Threshold levels for snapshot throttling threshold of (Do not start snapshot if transfer rate is less than:) such as 3, 5 and 10 Mbit/sec added.
Recovery Solution 6.2.2332
The current snapshot throttling threshold of (Do not start snapshot if transfer rate is less than:) 1 Mbps is no longer enough for some organizations.
Note: This hotfix is a cumulative hotfix which includes Hotfix 6 for Recovery Solution 6.2.2332.
The resolution in as part of two components needs to be applied to the Notification Server and client machine (with Recovery Agent installed).
Notification Server (with Recovery Solution Cluster and Recovery Solution installed):
- Close the Altiris Console.
- Stop the Recovery Solution Server Service.
- Extract the Altiris.RecoverySolution.UI.dll and CmnThrottling.ascx from the Server.zip attachment.
- Browse to %Program Files%\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Console\Bin on the Notification Server.
- Replace the old Altiris.RecoverySolution.UI.dll with the new Altiris.RecoverySolution.UI.dll.
- Add the CmnThrottling.ascx to the %Program Files%\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Console\Settings folder.
- Restart the Recovery Solution Server Service.
Client Computer (with Recovery Agent 6.2.2332 installed):
- Stop the Recovery Agent Service.
- Browse to %Program Files%\Altiris\eXpress\Client Recovery Agent folder on the client computer.
- Replace the old AgentRes.dll with the new AgentRes.dll from Client.zip.
- Replace the old rnsmshl.dll with the new rnsmshl.dll from Server.zip.
- Re-start the Recovery Agent Service.
Data1.cab:The Data1.cab needs to be updated so that new Recovery Agent installations will have the hotfix. It can be modified using ASPack.exe utility. More about ASPack.exe is available in article 24583.
The updated Recovery Solution Agent installation package Data1.cab should replace and existing one on Notification Server and Recovery Solution Servers in following locations:
- Notification Server: %Program Files%\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\Bin\Win32\X86\Recovery Agent Package
- Recovery Solution Server: %Program Files%\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Server\Agent\Install
- Recovery Solution Server: %Program Files%\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Server\Agent\Package
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29570