KNOWN ISSUE: WiseScript SVS related actions no longer function with Software Virtualization Solution 2.1.2069
|Article:TECH31167|||||Created: 2007-06-14|||||Updated: 2009-11-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31167|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
SVS related actions do not function when run on a machine with SVS 2.1.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open WiseScript Package Editor
- Add a 'Create SVS Layer' action
- Run the .EXE on a machine with SVS 2.1.
- View the SVS layers in either the Altiris SVS Control Panel Applet or SVS Admin Tool. The layer specified in the WiseScript is not created.
Wise Package Studio 7.x
Wise Installation System 7.x
Software Virtualization Solution 2.1.2069
The latest release of SVS requires SVS to be initialized prior to running any SVS related action. Prior to this release, the WiseScript SVS related actions did not need to initialize SVS in order to perform these actions.
A hotfix has been created for this issue. This hotfix can only be installed to a machine that has Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2.
- Download the attached hotfix.
- Unzip and run WPS_7.0_SP2_HF35505.exe on the computer with Wise Package Studio 7.0 SP2 server.
Note: This hotfix also needs to be executed on any Wise Package Studio clients that were installed as Local clients. If the clients were installed as Network clients, nothing needs to be done to the client as it runs the executables from the server location.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31167