Hotfix 1: Is there a way to control auto-healing in the SSM job?
|Article:TECH32590|||||Created: 2007-07-27|||||Updated: 2007-07-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH32590|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Is there a way to control (disable/enable) auto-healing in the Server Space Management job?
In case it is really needed to disable the auto-healing, the attached drop-in should be used. In general, this is not recommended. We recommend using this drop-in only per suggestion from Recovery Solution Support. To apply the drop-in, do the following:
- Download the attached .zip package and unpack it to some location on the hard drive.
- Stop and disable the Recovery Solution Server service.
- Copy the updated ServerJobs.dll over existing one in the Recovery Solution Server installation folder.
- Enable (by setting it back to Manual and restarting) the Recovery Solution Server service.
- Load the updated SQL queries one by one into SQL Query Analyzer and execute them against Recovery Solution database.
- Add the following DWORD registry key to the RS Server registry branch (HKLM\Software\Altiris\eXpress\Client Recovery):
"RetentionSettingsEx" = 0x20
- Restart the Recovery Solution Server service for the registry setting to take affect.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH32590