How to move Enterprise Vault (EV) indexes that are managed by the same EV server .
|Article:TECH35596|||||Created: 2010-01-27|||||Updated: 2012-04-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35596|
The following instructions only apply to Enterprise Vault 9.x and previous versions.
If you are running Enterprise Vault 10.0 please refer to the following article:
HOWTO59084 - How to move the Index location to a different location on the same server
3. Backup the current indexes.
4. Copy the index to the new location.
5. Open SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager or SQL 2005 Management Studio
6. Expand Databases, EnterpriseVaultDirectory, Tables
7. Open the IndexRootPathEntry table and change the IndexRootPath to the new location (Figure 1)
8. Exit SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager or SQL 2005 Management Studio
9. Restart the Indexing Service.
10. Open the Properties for the Indexing Service and verify the new location is displayed on the Index Locations tab.
11. Perform test searches.
12. Delete the indexes from the original location.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35596