How to use the Vault Store Usage Reporter for Enterprise Vault (EV)
|Article:TECH35741|||||Created: 2004-01-25|||||Updated: 2013-01-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35741|
The Vault Store Usage Reporter is a web-based application that enables the administrator to obtain reports of current vault store usage.
- Usage per archive
- Usage by Billing Account
- From a web browser:
- Connect to the web page as an administrator of EV. To see the Billing Account details, then the account used to connect must also have permissions within the Windows NT domain.
- To start Vault Store Usage Reporter, enter its URL into the web browser. The URL is very similar to that of the Web Access application. The only difference is to change search.asp to usage.asp.
- From the Vault Administration Console (VAC):
- In the left pane of the VAC, click Vault Stores, or a specific vault store, to select it.
- Right-click the same item (Vault Stores or the specific vault store). Make sure to have it selected first, if not it won't work.
- On the shortcut menu, click Vault Store Usage or Reporting for version 8.0
- The usage page is displayed in the VAC.
- In the VAC, select Add/Remove Snap-in on the Console menu.
- Click Add.
- In the list of Available Standalone Snap-ins, click Link to Web Address and then click Add.
- Enter the URL of Vault Store Usage Reporter and click Next.
- The URL is very similar to that of the Web Access application.
- Enter a name for the new link, such as 'Usage Reporter'.
- Click Finish. The new link appears in the left pane of the VAC.
- Vault Store : The name of the vault store. Click the name to view the more detailed reports.
- Save Report By : Links that can be used to save the detailed reports: Usage by Billing Account and Usage by Archive Name.
- Active Archives : The number of archives in the vault store that contain archived items.
- Total Items : The total number of archived items in each vault store
- Total Size : The total size, after archiving, of all items stored in the archive.
- Awaiting Backup : The number of archived items in the Vault Store that have not been backed up. This applies only if the vault store is configured to remove the safety copy from Exchange After backup or Never. In version 8.x, if sharing is enabled between vault stores through the user of a vault store group and one of the vault stores is set to delete safety copies 'after backup' then the DVS files and the SIS parts will need to be secured (backed up) in order for the 'Awaiting Backup' total to change. Single Instance Storage will force all savesets inside the Vault Store Group, not just those in the 'after backup' store, to be backed up before committing changes.
- SQL Server : The SQL Server that hosts the vault store
- The total number of vault stores
- The total number of active archives in all vault stores
- The total number of items in all vault stores
- The total size of items in all vault stores
- The average (mean) size of archives in the vault store
- The total number of items awaiting backup
- Click a vault store name to view the Usage by vault store Name and Usage by Billing Account reports
- Click Archive to download the data for a vault store, broken down by archive name as a tab-separated value file
- Click Account to download the data for a vault store, broken down by Billing Account, as a tab-separated value file
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35741