How to create a System Logon Account in Backup Exec for Windows Servers
|Article:TECH36418|||||Created: 2004-01-27|||||Updated: 2012-04-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH36418|
How to create a System Logon Account (SLA) in Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS)
The Backup Exec System Logon Account may have access to most or all of the resources since it contains the Backup Exec Services credentials. In order to make Backup Exec more secure, the SLA can be changed to be a restricted account or can be deleted.
However, if the SLA is deleted, the jobs in which it is used may fail. If the SLA is deleted, it can be recreated by performing the steps given below:
1. Select the Network> Logon Accounts The Logon Account Management dialog box will appear (Figure 1).
2. Click on the System Account button on the right which will bring up the figure given below (Figure 2)
3. In the Edit Logon Credentials screen, enter the User name in the format <Domain name>\<User name>
4. Select the This is my Default Logon account check box and click OK
5. This will create the System Logon Account as shown below (Figure 3)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH36418