Wise Web Capture—Troubleshooting
|Article:TECH37121|||||Created: 2005-11-17|||||Updated: 2007-04-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37121|
How do I troubleshoot the Wise Web Capture tool?
The command line to get you to the Wise Web Capture is http://<servername>/wise_web_capture
An error message appears indicating that the username and password are invalid.
- Enter the logon username and password in this dialog.
- Enable All Unknown ISAPI Extension in IIS manager (See bottom of page on how to enable the ISAPI extenstions)
- Grant full control permission to the Everyone group (Permission are only necessary for Anonymous user specified for Wise Web Capture Virtual Directory).
The logon dialog is white or blank.
- ASP.Net is not registered or enabled. This is due to the order that .NET and IIS was installed. Use the following command line to manually register ASP.NET:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v<version number>\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
Note: The version of .NET Framework may differ depending on which version is installed.
Cannot log on using WPS logon.
- Verify that the Config.ini file exists in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Wise Solutions\Web Capture\Config.
- Stop then restart the WISESVC from within Services in the Windows Administration Console.
The option to install Wise Web Capture is not available even with ASP.NET installed.
- Enable Active Server pages or All Unknown ISAPI Extension in IIS manager.
The Web page doesn't come up and "The page cannot be displayed" or cannot be accessed is displayed.
- Go to the default Web site on the server. Right-click on the Web site and select Properties. On the Web Site tab, ensure that the IP address to the server exists in the IP Address field
To Enable All Unknown ISAPI Extension in IIS manager:
- Access the IIS settings through the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager in Windows 2003* Server.
- Once the console is open, expand the local computer node and highlight Web Services Extentions on the right-hand pane.
- Select to allow the extensions for Active Server Pager and All Unknown ISAPI Extensions (which are prohibited by default). See the attached screenshot.
Receiving a "Server Error in '/' Application consisting of a Parser Error" message
- Access the IIS setting by going to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>IIS
- When the console is open look for the Wise_Web_Capture virtual directory
- If this is listed as a folder and not an icon, you must go to the properties of this folder and configure this as a Web Application
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37121