How to fix "PXE-E32: TFTP OPEN TIMEOUT" error
|Article:TECH37568|||||Created: 2007-12-04|||||Updated: 2012-07-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37568|
PXE is not working after upgrading to Deployment Solution 6.8 SP2. Computers are getting the error, "PXE-E32: TFTP OPEN TIMEOUT."
The pxe.ini file in the C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\PXE folder is not being updated when the PXE service is restarted.
Deployment Solution was just upgraded from 6.5 to 6.8 SP2.
PXE upgrade failed. An older version of PXE is installed with newer Deployment Solution version and AClient. Deployment Solution 6.5 (before Hotfix 1) didn't include PXE upgrade. Deployment Solution 6.5 SP1 and later have PXE upgrade feature.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\PXE folder and see if the pxe.ini has been updated recently.
- Delete the C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\PXE folder.
- Remove Altiris PXE related components using Windows Add or Remove Programs.
- Use Regedit to remove:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Altiris > Altiris PXE Manger
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Altiris > Altiris PXE Server
Verify that Altiris PXE processes are stopped using Task Manager. If they are not stopped, end the processes.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\ TechSup\Windows\PxeKeyMatch.exe. Click Start > Run and delete any characters in the field. Drag and drop PxeKeyMatch.exe on the Run field. The field will show
"C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\TechSup\Windows\PxeKeyMatch.exe"
Add -sync after PxeKeyMatch.exe. Example:
"C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\TechSup\Windows\PxeKeyMatch.exe -sync".
- Open the DSSetup folder and run PxeMgr.exe and allow the PXE to install and recreate needed files and associations.
- After doing this, the PXE should work correctly.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37568