To restore files from the tape in the tape drive, the tape ID must be determined first.
To determine the Tape ID, follow the below instructions:
1. Verify that the desired tape is in the tape drive.
2. At the Backup Exec for NetWare Job Manager screen, verify that the "Session Status" shows as "Ready". If it is, press <Enter> and log in if requested.
3. At the Utilities screen select "Catalog a Tape" and press <Enter>. Respond "Yes" to "Use on tape catalogs?". At this point, the tape drive will read the tape header and display information about the tape. Write down the Tape ID. Respond "Yes" to the question "Do you wish to catalog any ...?". The software will then create a catalog for that tape and write it to disk.
To restore data from a tape once the Tape ID is known, follow the instructions below:
1. Press <Ctrl+Esc> and select the Backup Exec for NetWare - NetWare Client. If it is not loaded, change to the System Console Prompt and execute LOAD BE.NLM <Enter>.
2. From the Administration menu, select Tape Catalogs. Find the catalog with the tape ID number matching the tape in the drive from the previous step. Select that line and press <Enter>. Write down the names and dates of the backup sets listed. Press <Esc> several times to exit out of the Administration menu.
3. From the Commands menu, select Restore | Restore By Device.
4. Select the Restore Source, the original location that the file was backed up from, and press <Enter> twice.
5. Select the volume or path from which the file was backed up and press <Enter>. A list of backup sets of that device will be displayed. Select the backup set with the name and date matching that was shown under Tape Catalogs (from step 2 above). Drill down into the selections by pressing <Enter>, until the files or directories to be restored are found. Mark the files or directories to be restored by pressing the space bar.
6. When all selections are made, press <F2> to accept the selections.
7. Press <Ctrl+S) to submit the job.
8. If the files are to be restored to the original location, press <F2> in the Select Restore Destination window. If the files are to be restored to a different location than the original backup location, select the device and then enter a directory in the Restore to path: field. If the directory structure is to be preserved, do not select the Restore all files to this path box.
9. Name the restore job and press <F2> to complete the submission of the restore job.
At this point, switch screens to the Backup Exec for NetWare Job Manager and the job should show be active. Press <Enter> to view the details of the active job.