Hotfix 10: Error appears when trying to view the "Computers requiring RS Agent installation" collection
|Article:TECH39501|||||Created: 2008-02-27|||||Updated: 2008-05-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39501|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Error appears when trying to view the "Computers requiring RS Agent installation" collection.
Recovery Solution 6.2.2760 (SP2)
Issues with the collection query.
The Hotfix is in the form of the new Collections_Ent.config which can be applied the following way:
- Browse to \Program Files\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Console\Config.
- Create a backup folder at this location and copy the existing Collections_Ent.config file there.
- Copy the new file over existing one in \Program Files\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Console\Config.
- Run the Notification Server Log Viewer (Start > Programs > Altiris > Diagnostics > Altiris Log Viewer).
- Go to Start > Run, type cmd and press Enter to run the command line prompt.
- Run the following command:
c:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\bin\AexConfig /configure "c:\Program Files\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Console\Config\Collections_Ent.config"
- Wait till the command line prompt is shown again in the cmd.exe window. That will mean that configuration script has completed. Be patient as it may take several minutes to run. This will reconfigure the Recovery Solution Solution collections' settings in the Notification Server.
- Check the Notification Server Log that there were no errors logged during the execution of the configuration script.
|Description||Logged in tlndev (Altiris - Talinn) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39501