Client Problem with HP Instant Support Health Scan
|Article:TECH39651|||||Created: 2008-03-19|||||Updated: 2008-03-19|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39651|
When end users log onto their computers, there is an error message stating that HPAsset.exe has crashed
HP Client Manager Agent 6.2.x
Altiris_HPCM _6_2_KB35224.zip (2.81 MB) resolves this issue. Follow the instructions below to download and install the hotfix.
- Download the hotfix from ftp://ftp2.altiris.com/download/KB35224 to the Notification Server with HP Client Manager 6.2 Solution installed.
- Extract the hotfix from the compressed file.
- Double-click Altiris_HPClientManager _6_2_KB35224.exe to install the hotfix for HP Client Manager Solution.
- Browse to Configuration > Solution Settings > Platform Administration > HP Client Manager > Client Agent Rollout .
- Enable the HP Client Manager Agent Upgrade task.
NOTE: This hot fix for the HP Client Manager Agent will resolve KB 35224 KNOWN ISSUE: Visual C++ Assertion error on clients and contains the previous hot fix, Altiris__HPClientManager _6_2_KB33454, documented in KB 33454
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39651