Icon Table does not retain added entries
|Article:TECH39824|||||Created: 2008-04-18|||||Updated: 2010-04-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39824|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
When attempting to put a different icon down for the Add or Remove Programs using the ARPPRODUCTION property on the computer, depending on which operating system it is installed to, the icons are not retained in the Icon table.
Steps to reproduce:
- In MSI Script > User Interface tab, at the top use a Set Property action to set the ARPPRODUCTICON property.
- Go to Setup Editor> Icon table and add a row. The name should match the property value in step 1. Browse out to the .ico file
- Save the .wsi.
- Check the Icon table for the row added in step 2. You will see that the icons no longer exist in the table.
When adding the ARPPRODUCTION into the Property table and assigning it to one of the Icons, that one icon will be retained after a compile, but a second icon will not.
Wise Installation Studio/Express 7 SP1
Wise Package Studio 7.x
NOTE: This issue is resolved in Wise Installation Studio 7 SP2, which was released on 15 March 2010
Workaround: To ensure that the Installation shows the appropriate icon on the Add or Remove Programs Applet, do the following:
- Add all the necessary files and registry keys to the installation. Do not add the icons into the Icon table at this time.
- Compile the .wsi into an .msi.
- Open the .msi in Orca and go to the Icon table.
- Add the appropriate rows.
- Save the .msi.
This will make the appropriate changes to the .msi and allow you to display the designed icon in the Add or Remove Programs applet.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39824