KNOWN ISSUE: 64-bit computers are not included in the Application Metering Install/Upgrade collection
|Article:TECH39911|||||Created: 2008-05-02|||||Updated: 2009-06-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39911|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The 'Clients Requiring Application Metering Agent Install /Upgrade' collection does not include 64-bit computers. When enabling the Application Metering install/upgrade task, the agent will not be deployed to 64-bit hardware.
Application Metering Solution 6.1
The SQL query that defines the collection prevents 64-bit computers from being identified for the Application Metering install/upgrade task.
This issue is being investigated by development.
To workaround the issue, please follow these steps:
Clone and edit the "Clients Requiring Application Metering Agent Install/Upgrade" collection.
To add 64-bit machines to the collection, follow the steps below:
1. In the Altiris console, go to Configuration->Solution Settings->Software Management->Application Metering->Application Metering Agent Rollout.
2. Right-click on "Clients Requiring Application Metering Agent Install/Upgrade" and choose Clone. Enter a new name and click on Ok.
3. Edit the new collection.
4. Expand the "Explicit Inclusions and Exclusions" section.
5. Click on "Select a collection" under Inclusions to add "All 64-bit Windows XP Computers" and "All 64-bit Windows Vista Computers" and click Apply.
6. Finally, go to the Application Metering Agent Install/Upgrade policy and edit the "Applies to collections:" field to include the cloned collection.
SELECT distinct r.Guid
FROM vComputer r
WHERE r.Guid IN
-- Resources with AM Agent older then the current build, but also with a new 6.0 version of the Altiris Agent installed
(SELECT CA1.[_ResourceGuid] FROM Inv_AeX_AC_Client_Agent CA1
WHERE (CA1.[Agent Name] = 'Application Metering' AND (CA1.[Product Version] != '6.1.31' OR CA1.[Build Number] != '31'))
OR (CA1.[Agent Name] = 'Altiris Agent')
GROUP BY CA1.[_ResourceGuid]
HAVING COUNT(DISTINCT CA1.[Agent Name]) > 1)
-- Resources without AM Agent installed, with 6.0 Altiris Agent and not a Server machine
(SELECT distinct [_ResourceGuid] FROM Inv_AeX_AC_Client_Agent where [_ResourceGuid] not in
(SELECT CA2.[_ResourceGuid] FROM Inv_AeX_AC_Client_Agent CA2 WHERE CA2.[Agent Name] = 'Application Metering')
AND [Agent Name] = 'Altiris Agent'
AND isnull(r.[OS Name],'Professional') not like '%Edition%'
AND isnull(r.[OS Name],'Professional') not like '%Server%')
--AND LOWER(r.[System Type]) like lower('%win32%')
AND LOWER(r.[System Type]) like lower('%win%')
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39911