The login message is displayed even though auto-domain authentication is enabled
|Article:TECH40152|||||Created: 2008-06-10|||||Updated: 2008-06-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH40152|
Why is login message displayed when auto-domain authentication is enabled?
This typically happens while accessing the Launch Server (implicitly or explicitly) with an IP address, instead of its host name. Internet Explorer identifies a host as a part of the local network, when it resolves it by lookup. As a result it adds the host to the local intranet zone and subsequently honors the integrated login. In case of IP address, Internet Explorer does not know the location of the computer. For the sake of safety, it adds the computer to the Internet zone and does not honor integrated login.
Configure the Launch server URL to use host name instead of IP address:
- Navigate to Configuration > Launch Server > Basic from the Admin console. Modify Host name or IP address field to use the host name of the launch server.
- Modify the registry keys at *My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Appstream\Portals to use host name.
Use this approach for implicit launches such as double clicking to launch a streamed application or opening a file associated with a streamed application.
Configure Internet Explorer's security settings:
- Open Internet Explorer. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Local intranet from the menu.
- Click on Sites.
- Click Advanced in the dialog that pops up.
- Enter the URL of the Launch Server as <protocol>//<launch server ip address> (for example http://10.25.2.32) in Add this Web site to the zone.
- Click Add and verify that it is listed in the Web sites list box. Click OK.
Add the launch server to trusted site:
- Open Internet Explorer. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites.
- Uncheck Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone.
- Enter the URL of the launch server as <protocol>//<launch server URL> (for example http://host/IP) in Add this Web site to the zone.
- Click Close.
- Go to Internet > Custom Level.
- Go to user authentication and check the option Automatic Logon with current user and password.
If pre-population is enabled, ensure the WebURL parameter in the config file is configured to use host name and not IP address.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH40152