KNOWN ISSUE: The Notify option Systray balloon-tip appears and disappears quickly on Vista machines
|Article:TECH40466|||||Created: 2008-08-14|||||Updated: 2008-11-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH40466|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The Notify option Systray balloon-tip appears and disappears quickly on machines running Windows Vista.
This issue can be duplicated by following these steps:
1. Create a new Software Delivery Task
2. Name: Notify Balloon Test
3. Under Package Name, Click on --select package-- and choose Sample Package from the list.
4. The Program should already be selected.
5. Under "Run" choose the Manual radial option.
6. Check the option 'Notify the user when this task is available'.
7. All other default options should be fine, but choose a Collection of a Vista system.
8. Save and enable the task, and on the Vista update the configuration.
Windows Vista x86 and x64
Altiris NS 6.0 SP3 + R8 Update (KB39159)
Altiris Agent 6.0.2394
Software Delivery Solution Installation 6.1.1058
This is a known issue. At this point this is what could be the cause:
"The balloon tip does not get disappeared immediate on key click, but 3-4 seconds after the key has been pressed which is also a defect.
SWD agent is utilizing the functionality provided by the General Core component AexClientUI for displaying the balloon tip for new advert.
And we guess AexClientUI component is failing to handle the mouse event and/or key board click events with balloon tip. The Shell_NotifyIcon Api used in code to support balloon tip display might need some modification to support the message handling with new shell32 DLL and Vista changes."
No Current Resolution. Developement incident has been created.
|Description||Logged in sydd2 (Altiris - Sydney) database|
|Description||Logged in Etrack (Symantec) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH40466