Event ID 55: NTFS disk error during snapshot
|Article:TECH40677|||||Created: 2008-10-07|||||Updated: 2008-10-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH40677|
System event logs reports NTFS corruption detected after snapshot:
01.01.2008 12:00:00 Ntfs Error Disk 55 N/A CLIENT
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume System.
Recovery Solution 6.2
The problem is caused by files being in use on what should be a static view of the volume. The changes that the operating system or application does are not committed to a disk and corruption is reported.
The fix is delivered with new EOFM driver version 3.017 which allows to control snapshot access via registry.
- Download and extract attached OFM_3017.zip (for 32bit clients) with OfmLvDrv.sys and registry import
Use 64bit driver in OFM_64bit.zip on 64bit clients.
- Disable OfmLvDrv in Device Manager (restart will be required); do this by going to Device Manager > (View > Show hidden devices) > Non-Plug and Play Drivers > OfmLvDrv > Driver tab > Startup type > Disabled.
- Replace OfmLvDrv.sys in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers with the new one.
- Merge registry import to client registry.
- Enable driver in Device Manager and restart again.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH40677