Compliance and Vulnerability - Details Report results show timeout or show incorrect data
|Article:TECH40856|||||Created: 2008-11-11|||||Updated: 2009-03-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH40856|
The following reports frequently time out or show incorrect data due to being drawn from too many tables. What can be done to alleviate this behavior?
- Microsoft Compliance and Vulnerability by Bulletin - Details
- Microsoft Compliance and Vulnerability by Computer - Details
- Microsoft Compliance and Vulnerability by Update - Details
These reports have been evaluated several times. However, due to these reports being so complex and pulling such a large amount of data from the database, it has not been possible to increase their performance. The attached C&V.zip file contains updates to the following reports that gives an additional context menu option. This option will show the Details information from the reports that are timing out for a single Update, Computer, or Bulletin instead of a large amount of information. This single addon allows for the report to complete in a timely manner.
Updating the current data in the Console, perform the following procedures:
- Open the attached .zip file.
- Run the SQL script, Details_DrillDownSP's.sql, on the SQL Server against the Altiris Database using Application Identity Credentials (Credentials are located at Console/Configuration/Server Settings/Notification Server Settings/Application Identity, and they can be updated or changed in the right pane).
- Drill down on Console/Reports/Software Management/Patch Management/Compliance and Vulnerability.
- Right-click the Compliance and Vulnerability file folder in the left pane and select Import: Import each of the .xml documents listed in the downloaded .zip file.
There will be no visible changes to the contents of this file folder, but when the C&V reports Bulletin, Update, and Computer are run, the right-click of an item in the results should yield the View-Details option in the drop-down, and this data will be current and timely.
Note: These reports were created on a system running PMS 6.2 SP1 and have not been tested on PMS 6.2 GA so we do not know if they will work on the initial release of this version or not.
KB46144 "Combined fixes for known Patch Report Discrepencies, Dashboard issues etc" also includes this fix and several more.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH40856