Known Issue: The Purging Maintenance page does not let you purge data from NS 7.0 reports
|Article:TECH41488|||||Created: 2009-02-23|||||Updated: 2009-02-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH41488|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The Purging Maintenance page currently allows only the purging of legacy NS6 saved reports. It does not provide the ability to purge NS 7.0 data snapshots.
The menu path to the Purging Maintenance page is: Settings > Notification Server > Purging Maintenance. In the left pane (the Tree view), click Purging Maintenance.
Symantec Management Platform 7.0 SP1
Feature not yet implemented.
To work around this issue, you can make use of a server task (provided with the Symantec Management Platform) that lets you purge the data from a specific report. You can clone this task (the “Purge the Computers Report” task) and configure it to suit your requirements.
To clone the sample task and configure it to suit your requirements:
- In the Symantec Management Console, click Manage > Jobs and Tasks to display the tasks tree.
- In the Jobs and Tasks > Samples > Notification Server folder, clone the Purge the Computers Report task and give the clone a suitable name.
- Edit the cloned task.
- In the cloned task page, in the Purge a Report’s Data panel, click Computers.
- In the Select a Report window, select the report that you want to purge, and then click OK.
- If appropriate, check Purge Global Snapshots Only.
- Click Save Changes.
Note that the Purge Report task does not allow you to purge data from multiple reports, or purge snapshots that are older than a specific number of days/months/years. You need to clone and configure a separate task for each report that you want to purge.
|Description||Logged in sydd2 (Altiris - Sydney) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH41488