Recovery Solution Server Job Report
|Article:TECH41534|||||Created: 2009-03-31|||||Updated: 2009-03-31|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH41534|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
How to check the history of Recovery Solution Server Jobs?
To view the Server Job History report, apply 'Altiris_RecoverySolution_6_2_SP3_KB45825.exe' HotFix to the Notification Server. The “Server Job History” report shows information about “Server Space Management”, “Delete Marked Items” and “Integrity Check” server jobs that run during the specified date.
Note: “Hotfix KB45825” is dependent on “Hotfix KB45826” and should be installed together with Hotfix KB45826 to make new functionality available. Note that “Hotfix KB45826” is installed on Recovery Server while “Hotfix KB45825" is installed on Notification Server.
“Server Job History” report shows:
- Server job(s) results by cluster and job type
- Start and End time of each server job(s).
- How much time each server job(s) has taken.
- Status of completed server job(s).
- How much space was reclaimed by each server job(s).
Known Issues and Notes:
- "Server Jobs History" report does not show results for Storage Locations Synchronization and Move Data Files server jobs.
- The new Recovery Solution “Server Job History” report will not show information about server jobs which had performed before applying this hotfix.
- It is not possible to un-install “Hotfix KB45825” from add/remove programs on Windows 2003 Server if AUP license for Altiris Recovery Solution has expired. A warning message "The AUP licence for Altiris Recovery Solution has been expired. Setup cannot continue." will be displayed. Un-installation of HotFix is only possible when a valid Recovery Soltuion Full license is in place.
- It is not possible to uninstall HotFix from Windows 2000 Server SP4 because there is no “Show Updates” functionality.
- The "Server Job History" page is not fully localized.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH41534