Adobe Photoshop CS3 MSI package streaming process stops with error code 7
|Article:TECH42035|||||Created: 2009-05-07|||||Updated: 2009-05-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42035|
Why does Adobe Photoshop CS3 MSI package streaming process stops with error code 7?
Windows XP Professional Edition SP2 / SP3
This error occurs when the system module jscript.dll is not registered.
Adobe MSI installation logs are required to troubleshoot this issue. Adobe Installation log resides in %program files%\common files\adobe\Installers\adobe*.log.gz". It is a gz compressed file and can be uncompress by using winzip.
Open the Adobe MSI Installation log, scroll to the bottom of the file and look for the keyword ERROR / FATAL or DEBUG. Drill down the MSI installation log to identify the specific error details, displayed on the user Desktop.
Exit code: 7
- Remove the streamed portion of the package from AppMgrGui.
- Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Right-click the Command prompt icon, choose Run As Administrator, and provide the authentication parameters.
- Navigate to Windows\System32.
- Type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
- When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42035