KNOWN ISSUE: DAgent memory leaks when client is rejected
|Article:TECH42132|||||Created: 2009-05-20|||||Updated: 2010-06-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42132|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
DAgent leaks memory when client is rejected.
Steps to duplicate:
1) Install the DAgent on a client machine.
2) Open up task manager on the client machine and and monitor the memory utilization of the DAgent.exe process.
3) Open the DS Win32 console and find the client machine. Right-click on the client in the console and select "Advanced" and then "Reject Connection". Confirm that you want to reject that client.
4) The DAgent's (from task manager on the client system) memory utilization will bounce up and down, but will gradually increase more and more over time.
5) To clear the memory leak condition, un-reject the client machine from the DS Win32 console and restart the DAgent.
Deployment Server 6.9 SP1 and SP2
Memory leaks were fixed in the default and config handlers of DAgent. Please reference the DS 6.9 SP3 release notes for download and installation instructions.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42132