How to replicate Software Resources referenced by Policies in Software Management using Hierarchy
|Article:TECH44340|||||Created: 2009-08-28|||||Updated: 2009-10-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44340|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
How do I properly configure my Hierarchy/Replication to properly replicate Software Resources that are assigned to Policies within Software Management? This article applies to 7.0 and 7.0 SP1.
Suppose that you have a setup with configured NS hierarchy. You have a parent NS and a child NS. Altiris Software Management Solution is installed on both NSs.
- Create a software resource on parent NS.
- Open that software resource for editing.
- In the opened window go to Package tab and choose to edit a software package.
- In 'Add or Edit Package' web page dialog go to Package Server tab.
- In 'Assign package to' combo box choose 'Package servers individually', and then in Selected Package Server group box select package server instance of a parent NS. Please, see this screenshot for details:
- Verify that a software resource appeared in the list of available packages in the package server of a parent NS. This can be done by opening Altiris Agent > Package Server tab, our software resource should be in the list of packages with package status 'Package is ready'.
- Replicate data to child-level Notification Server computers.
- After replication is complete (software resources are also replicated), verify that a software resource appeared in the list of available packages in the package server of a child NS.
- Create a new Managed Delivery policy, specify replicated software resource. The settings should be set to the options showed in the following screenshot:
Under the Download tab, under the Download using options select 'Use the following settings to download and run'. Check the option 'Run from the server if bandwidth is above:' and select 'any connection speed'.
- After those steps a Managed Delivery policy can be successfully evaluated on the client. A software package will be downloaded and installed on the client.
|Description||Logged in Etrack (Symantec) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44340