KNOWN ISSUE: Inventory 7.0 SP1 Add Remove Programs Search Report does not include Stand Alone Inventory data
|Article:TECH45970|||||Created: 2009-10-16|||||Updated: 2009-10-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH45970|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Running the report named Add or Remove Programs Search only returns data from Managed clients. Data captured through Stand Alone Inventory is not included in the report. This data was returned correctly in Inventory Solution 7.0. In SP1 the report does not include this data. The Resolution for this KB also includes KB 49388.
Inventory Solution 7.0 SP1
In SP1 the report was updated to include scoping, among other improvements. The report now keys off of the Software Component Guid, and Stand alone Inventory does not report a Software Component Guid, thus data captured from this method is not included in the report.
The reports have been fixed. They are attached in the zip file.
Here are steps to import these fixed reports:
- Extract the XML files to a location reachable by the Console.
- In the Symantec Management Console, go to Reports tab.
- Right Click on “Add Remove” folder present at the “Reports -> Discovery and Inventory -> Inventory -> Windows -> Software/Applications “location.
- Click the import option from the menus that appear.
- After clicking import it will redirect you to a browser page.
- Browse to the path where you extracted the XMLs in Step 1.
- Select the “Add Remove Program Search Report” file” and click “Open” button.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6.
- Select the “Count of Distinct Add Remove Programs” file” and click the “Open” button.
- Right Click on the “Inventory” folder present at “Reports -> Discovery and Inventory “location.
- Repeat steps 4,5 and 6.
- Select “Drilldown to Count of Distinct Add Remove Programs” file and click “Open” button.
- Refresh the Console to use these reports.
|Description||Logged in Etrack (Symantec) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH45970