Support for Microsoft Outlook 2003 Service Pack 2 with Enterprise Vault (tm) products
|Article:TECH46028|||||Created: 2008-01-08|||||Updated: 2012-09-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH46028|
Symantec is pleased to announce the support of Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) with the Enterprise Vault (tm) products, for the following versions:
- Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 5.0 SP6, 6.0 SP1 and higher
- Enterprise Vault File System Archiving 5.0 SP6, 6.0 SP1 and higher
- Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving 6.0 SP1 and higher
- Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator 5.0 SP4 and higher
- Enterprise Vault Compliance Accelerator 6.0 and higher
Symantec has identified a memory leak when running Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP2 with the Enterprise Vault server or client software. This leak occurs when Enterprise Vault accesses or creates PST files:
- Client-side PST Migration (Enterprise Vault 6.0 and higher): 4mb for every PST chunk that is populated and uploaded. By default PST chunks are 10,000kb in size.
- Offline Vault (Enterprise Vault 5.0 and higher): 4mb for every offline Vault database file for the first access and when an item is added to it.
- Exporting Archives to PST or saving the results of browser search to PST: 4mb for each PST created
- Importing PST files via the Enterprise Vault Policy Manager, or directly on the Enterprise Vault server.
This issue has been resolved as part of the following Outlook 2003 update:
Symantec recommends if running Outlook 2003 SP2 with the Enterprise Vault server or client software to apply the Outlook 2003 update to remove the risk of the memory leak.
Details of the Outlook 2003 update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907492
Note It has been reported that the 1.4.2607.0 version of the Outlfltr.dll file that is included with this update resolves a memory leak in the Outlfltr.dll 1.2.32 file. This behavior may impact any MAPI program that uses IMessage::SaveChange in Outlook 2003. For example, this behavior may impact archiving solutions. If you have problems running a MAPI program with Outlook 2003, please contact the manufacturer of the software package for support. In some instances, they may recommend that you install this update to resolve the problem.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH46028