The PXE manager service has not connected with the DS server yet
|Article:TECH47197|||||Created: 2009-11-23|||||Updated: 2009-12-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH47197|
While trying to open the PXE Configuration Utility you receive the following message on the screen,
"The PXE manager service has not connected with the DS server yet."
The PXE Configuration Utility does open.
Windows Server 2003 running Deployment Solution 6.9 SP3
There is a mismatch in the MMACCESSKey.
Running the PXEKEYMATCH.exe utility does not correct the issue.
The Utility says there is a match but you are still unable to get into the PXE Configuration Utility.
You've confirmed that the mmaccesskey.ini file is valid within the pxemanager.ini file and you've used the PxeKeyMatch.exe utility to confirm everything is in sync. However when you check the number of letters in the key it is very short.
Use the DSKeyGen.exe utility to build a new mmaccesskey.ini (available under the right hand side of this article under attachments, or use this link)
When running the DSKeyGen.exe utility, we need to have ALL services stopped, not just the PXE services.
1. Stop all 7 Altiris Services
2. Make a copy of both the MMAccessKey.ini & PXEManager.ini
2. Run DSKeyGen.exe
Verify that the key is correct in the registry. It is the following;
It is the ServerSecurity object, and can be confirmed that it is correct by checking the length, which should be 76 characters long.
3. Start Altiris DB Management and Altiris eXpress Server service (and the other non pxe altiris service)
4. Run PxeKeyMatch.exe with the -sync parameter
(Make sure the key is much longer than 30 characters. I do not know the exact size, but it should be at least triple the size it was. If it's not, run steps 1 through 4 again.)
5. Copy the key in the MMAccessKey.ini file into the MMAccessKey line in the PXEManager.ini. Close and save the files.
6. Start all the services Start the PXE Manager Service before the PXE Config Helper service
7. Test the PXE Config Utility and see if it's functional
( The customers MMAccessKey was short but it they were able to access the PXE Configuration Utility)This tool is attached to this article in the form of DSKeyGen.zip
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH47197