Error "Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' " may occur running a vault storage usage report or an extensive archive search.
|Article:TECH48989|||||Created: 2006-01-08|||||Updated: 2014-02-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48989|
The error "Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' " may occur in Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange while running a vault storage usage report or running an extensive archive search.
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
This issue can occur if the Default ASP timeout setting in Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) is not configured for a sufficient timeout window. The ASP script that is being executed may need more that 900 seconds, which is the default, to complete the ASP script operation in a Enterprise Vault environment with a large number of archived items.
1. Open Microsoft IIS Manager and expand the left hand tree to display the Default Web Site. (Note: If other websites are hosted on this server, the Default Web Site may not be the EV website. Please use caution when changing values.)
2. Navigate to Web Sites | Default Web Site | EnterpriseVault virtual directory.
3. Highlight the EnterpriseVault virtual directory, then right click and select Properties (Figure 1).
4. Under the EnterpriseVault virtual directory, click the Configuration button (Figure 2).
5. Under the Options tab locate the ASP script timeout option and change value from the default of 900 to 2000 or any other value larger than 900 (Figure 3).
If the error persists, verify authentication and access control. Perform the following:
Related Microsoft KB article:
The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded.
Active Server Pages error ASP 0113
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48989