How to delete hidden messages from Outlook on the client in Enterprise Vault
|Article:TECH50905|||||Created: 2009-01-27|||||Updated: 2014-08-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50905|
It is possible delete hidden messages from Outlook on the client in Enterprise Vault using the registry.
1. Close Outlook.
2. Go to Start > Run and type Regedit to open the Windows Registry.
3. Navigate to:
4. Right-click on Client and choose New > DWORD Value.
5. Type the name DeleteHiddenMsgBtnVisible and set it to a value of 1.
7. In Outlook 2007 go to Help > About Enterprise Vault and select the Tech Info button.
8. Scroll down to the HIDDEN MESSAGES IN FOLDER section.
Note: The hidden messages listed will vary depending on which folder is selected in Outlook. (i.e Mailbox, Inbox, or Sent Items folders)
9. Highlight the hidden message and click the Delete Hidden Message button.
The EV registry entries can be found in the Registry_Values.pdf on the installation media and in the Related Articles section.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50905