"The ConnectionString Property has not been initialized" error trying to update EVBAAdmin Configuration page
|Article:TECH51075|||||Created: 2010-01-21|||||Updated: 2012-12-19|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH51075|
"The ConnectionString Property has not been initialized" error trying to update EVBAAdmin Configuration page.
The ConnectionString Property has not been initialized.
When upgrading Discovery Accelerator the Configuration screen will appear instead of the Upgrade screen or the error above will be generated. Upgrading Discovery Accelerator to a different location other than the default location can cause the Data Source Name (DSN) entry in the AcceleratorService.exe.config.migrated file to be blank. By modifying the original configuration files and changing its current state from Installed to Upgraded, guides the software upgrade to the proper database location.
1. Stop the Accelerator Manager Service.
3. Edit each file with NotePad.
4. Locate the line containing key="State", it will also contain the value = "Upgraded or Installed".
5. Change the value from Upgraded or Installed to "Uninstalled" and save the files.
7. Open EVBAAdmin web page and input the Sql server and Configuration database names.
8. Select 'Use existing database'.
9. On the next screen restart the Accelerator Service before clicking OK.
10. Right-click on the customer and click the Properties page.
11. At the bottom of the Properties page click Upgrade
12. Once the Customer Status states Running the upgrade is complete.
13. From a Command prompt Run: IISReset
14. Access to the Accelerator web page is now available
Note: If the above procedure failed, reinstallation of the Discovery Accelerator and using the same databases may be necessary. Please refer to the Installing and Configuring guide for more details.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH51075